Why Donate to a Public Bank?
Your donated cord blood can help patients in need of a life-saving transplant. Cord blood provides a rich source of stem cells that would otherwise be thrown away as medical waste.
- There is NO COST to donate.
- There is NO PAIN to you or your baby at the time of donation.
- Your identity is kept CONFIDENTIAL and stored securely within our facility.
95% of all cord blood is discarded as waste.
You only have ONE chance to donate your cord blood and there is NO COST to donate.
Cord blood collection is painless and done within 10 minutes of giving birth.
Reasons You Should Choose Upstate CBB:
- Our #1 priority is to use cord blood donations for patients in need of life-saving transplants.
- We are centrally located in Upstate NY and participate with Syracuse area hospitals.
- Our selectively recruited staff has a combined 200 years of experience in laboratory science, cellular biology, cord blood applications and clinical practice.
- Our state-of-the-art equipment utilizes a closed bag system that virtually eliminates all possible contamination of the final cord blood unit.
- We can securely store over 14,500 public cord blood units with room for expansion as our cord blood donation program grows.
Your donation is very important because it gives hope to patients in need of a transplant. We encourage all potential donors to speak with your OB provider about the process or any concerns you may have. We are also happy to answer any questions you may have regarding cord blood donation and/or the forms that need to be completed prior to delivery.